Terms and Conditions
Incorrect Delivery/ Damages
If you receive incorrect or damaged tiles, please inform us on 01407 76385 or email@example.com within 2 working days of receipt of the tiles.
Due to our low prices and high stock turnover, plus tile batching issues, we are unable to accept any returns of any leftover products that fall outside of a full order cancellation.
Change of mind
You have the right to cancel your order if you have changed your mind or are unhappy with your selection within 14 days of receiving the tiles. If you are collecting the tiles the 14 days begins once you are notified the tiles are ready for collection. If tiles are delivered, the 14 days begins upon receiving the goods. Customers are responsible for arranging transport and insurance of the goods, all returns must be sent in the original packaging and saleable condition to our warehouse. Refunds will be processed within 5 working days of receipt of the return. To request and cancellation, please contact us on 01407 763285 or on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glossary of Definitions
‘Customer’ and ‘Buyer’ defines the person/company who agrees to buy the goods from the seller or who accepts a quotation from the seller.
‘Goods’ are the tiles and other products which the buyer agrees to purchase from the seller.
‘Stock Items’ are standard items as classified on our website and are in stock.
‘Non-stock items’ or ‘Special Order items’ are products on our website as non - standard items or those not in stock.
‘Order’ and ‘Contract’ defines the order or contract for the sale and purchase of the goods between buyer and Seller (County Tile Centre Ltd)
‘Price’ means the purchase value of the goods excluding packaging, carriage, insurance and VAT.
‘In writing’ is defined as communication via post or email.
The headings in these conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
- County Tile Centre have produced their website for Mainland United Kingdom customers.
- We maintain the right to update these terms and conditions at any time without notification.
- County Tile Centres catalogue, price list, website and any other advertising material shall not form any part of any contract between the ‘Buyer’ and the ‘Company’
- Sample tiles are available upon request. Due to the nature of tiles shading and batch variations we cannot be held accountable for any shade/ batch differences between the sample and the delivered goods.
- Any information or description of the goods appearing in the Sellers catalogues, brochures and other publications is believed to be correct and current, but is not warranted by the Seller, in so far as any such publication has been compiled from information supplied to the Seller, either by the manufacturer or supplier of the goods. The Seller accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any such information or description.
- Unless otherwise stated, all products on our website are priced inclusive of VAT.
- We try to ensure that all prices and information on our website are accurate, however errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of the goods you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible to give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling the order. If we are unable to contact you we shall deem the order as cancelled and a full refund shall be issued.
- Prices are subject to alteration without notification and shall not be binding on County Tile Centre Ltd.
- Each contract between the Seller and Buyer will consist of the order, plus the terms and conditions and possible other specific terms will need to be agreed in writing between the two parties.
- County Tile Centre Ltd accepts most major Credit and Debit card payments via our online website. Payments are pre-authorised via appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit Agencies (Sage Pay, PayPal, etc). County Tile Centre cannot take any responsibility for any non-authorised payments causing any subsequent delay in delivery of goods.
- Card Payments require that the Credit or Debit card used, is registered to the Buyer.
- In any event that the express Terms of a contract are conflicting with any conditions, the conditions shall prevail.
- As the number of tiles per square metre and per square yard are nominal, the Buyer is responsible for ensuring sufficient quantities of tiles are ordered.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between ‘Buyer’ and County Tile Centre Ltd will take place upon the despatch of tiles from our supplier of the products ordered. With the exception of us notifying you of our refusal of accepting the order or you cancelling.
- Orders are accepted and promises pertaining to the delivery date, are conditional upon our ability to secure the necessary goods without responsibility for delays arising from risks and uncertainties of strike, manufacturing delays, accidents or any other causes beyond our control.
- Payment for the goods shall in itself constitute an acceptance and agreement to these terms and conditions.
- County Tile Centre reserves the right not to supply the buyer at our own discretion.
- The supply of goods does not mean that they are suitable for any specific installation. County Tile Centre will only be held responsible for any failure against the goods supplied, meaning that the manufacturer of such goods would be prepared to guarantee the same. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing. All tiles are susceptible to impact damage and this is unrelated to the wearing grade. Tiles can wear and must be protected from any abrasive materials/the movement of furniture/appliances and or items being dropped upon the surface. No tiles are guaranteed against chipping or misuse.
- When tiles are produced they are produced in batches and are therefore subject to some variations in size, thickness, shape, manufacturing tolerance, shading and pattern. County Tile Centre Ltd accepts no liability for these variations. Tile names, images and sizes displayed are nominal and only represent a guide to the actual style, colour and size of a tile. Variations in texture, shade and size can occur from what is advertised. Individual settings on the ‘Buyers’ monitor settings may exaggerate the appearance of a colour or finish of a tile as well as the lighting in a chosen room.
- It is the responsibility of the installer to use where possible, the goods from a variety of separate boxes to ensure that any batch, colour, shading and any other variants are kept to a minimum.
- Any fault, quality or shading issue with the goods are the responsibility of the manufacturer. County Tile Centre Ltd will accept no responsibility for further or subsequent loss or expense, if the tiles are faulty, or not to the acceptance of the buyer. Any such issues will be passed onto the manufacturers, whereby any claims will become solely the manufacturers liability, disclaimers or notes printed on the packaging will become the responsibility of the Buyer to read and accept, prior to use and/or fixing.
- Any claim by the ‘buyer’ which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods, or their failure to correspond with specification, shall (whether or not the delivery is refused) be expected to notify County Tile Centre Ltd in writing, within 24 hours from delivery. If delivery is refused and County Tile Centre has not been informed accordingly. County Tile Centre Ltd shall have no liability for such defect or failure and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Each tile should be thoroughly examined before fixing. Fixing of the goods constitutes acceptance of their quality. County Tile Centre Ltd accepts no liability for faulty installation work, or the quality or correctness of the goods once installed. As far as the law permits, liability is limited to the replacement of faulty goods or a refund of their cost and excludes any consequential loss, including the cost of removal and refixing.
- County Tiles provides a wide range of cleaning/protective and maintenance products. Please ensure that these products are appropriate for the product and location involved. County Tile Centre Ltd are unable to accept responsibility or liability for costs incurred through the misuse of these products however so caused. For example, ceramic tiles often absorb moisture from the adhesive used to fix them and this can cause some discolouration. Tiles need to fully dry before grouting which can take a few days in certain circumstances.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- County Tile Centre Ltd cannot, under any circumstances accept any financial demands from the buyer for late delivery, incorrect supply of goods, or incorrect delivery. County Tile Centre Ltd recommends that the buyer does not book an installer until the goods have been delivered to the required location, signed for and quality checked. The risk in relation to the goods passes to the buyer at the point of collection and or physical delivery, at the time of the delivery/collection. We offer an estimated delivery date.
- County Tile Centre Ltd shall not be liable to the ‘buyer’ or be deemed to be in breach of contract by reason of delay in performing, or if any failure to perform, was due to any causes beyond County Tile Centre Ltds reasonable control.
- It is County Tile Centre Ltd expectation that the Buyer or their appointed representative, will be available to sign for the goods at the point of delivery/collection. If goods are delivered without a signature the responsibility of checking the goods is that of the ‘buyer’. If, for any reason the delivery cannot be made due to the ‘buyer’ or their representative being available, County Tile Centre reserved the right to pass any re-delivery costs onto the ‘buyer’
- Before installation, the ‘buyer’ should ensure that they are satisfied that the goods supplied, are correct to the original order. All items should be unpacked and inspected as soon as possible. If for any reason County Tile Centre deliver part of an order with a balance to follow, we strongly recommend that no goods are installed until the order is complete.
- County Tile Centre must be notified in writing within a maximum of 2 working days from delivery/collection of the goods, of an claims by the ‘buyer’ relating to any shortage or damage to goods. Failure to communicate problems may result in additional costs for resupply. We kindly request that any damaged goods are photographed and provided to us within the written complaint.
- If the ‘buyer’ cancels the order after the products have been dispatched by any of County Tile Centre Ltds suppliers. The ‘buyer’ will be expected to accept delivery o the goods and accept responsibility for the return of the goods to County Tile Centre Ltd. If for any reason the delivery or collection is refused or not collected, a return/handling fee of 20% of the order value would be applied and deducted from the refund. Any refund will be given once the goods have been received and inspected by County Tile Centre Ltd. All goods must be returned in resaleable condition. County Tile Centre ltd will not accept the cost for delivering or repackaging of the goods.
- The ‘buyer’ can cancel within 7 (seven) working days of receipt. Cancellations should be made in writing to (email@example.com) or via our customer services 01407 763285. If the goods have been collected/delivered it is the ‘buyer’s responsibility to cover the costs of returning the goods. If the ‘buyer’ returns the goods themselves, County Tile Centre Ltd will not re-imburse the costs of returning the goods.
- The Goods must arrive in resaleable condition, therefore the ‘buyer’, before returning the goods must ensure that the packaging is suitable for the safe return of the product. The cost for any additional packaging is the responsibility of the ‘buyer’.
- Refunds for cancellations will only be processed once the goods have been received and fully inspected and deemed to be in resaleable condition. County Tile Centre reserve the right to amend the amount refunded based on the value of the resaleable goods. Tiles must be returned neatly in the boxes in which they arrived.
- After 7 (seven) working days from delivery, if the ‘buyer’ wishes to cancel the order, this action will be considered to be a ‘Return’ and be covered by our Returns Policy.
- If you receive damaged or incorrect tiles within your order, you will need to inform us within 2 working days of delivery/collection. We will either refund you or send replacements as quickly as possible. Please note you may be asked to provide images.
- Change of Choice – The ‘buyer’ will have the right to return goods if they are not happy with their selection. The goods must be returned in the original packaging to one of our stores. The ‘buyer’ will be responsible for arranging transport and insurance of the goods, this must be done within 14 days of receiving the order. County Tile Centre Ltd reserves the right to charge a restocking/handling fee of 20% of the value of the goods.
- It is the responsibility of the installer and the ‘buyer’ to ensure that the goods ordered are of satisfactory quality and suitable for the purpose required, including colour, shade, and gauge. No claims can be accepted once the materials are used. Goods are supplied on the strict understanding that British Standards relating to installation are followed.